This is an analysis of the poem The Trees Of Life that begins with:
For those who worship Thee there is no death,
For all they do is but with Thee to dwell;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcdefefdd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: Shakespearean sonnet
- Metre: 1111011011 1111010101 1111010101 00101100101 1111011101 1001111101 1111010011 111100110011 0111011101 10001010101 01010001101 11010010101 1111111101 1111010101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 614
- Average number of words per stanza: 117
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; thee is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word for is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Trees Of Life;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.