This is an analysis of the poem The Presence that begins with:
I sit within my room, and joy to find
That Thou who always lov'st, art with me here,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcdbebebb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: Shakespearean sonnet
- Metre: 1101111101 1111111011 1111011101 1110111101 01011010111 1101010101 0101111101 0111011111 011110111 0101010101 11110101001 0101001101 1110010101 10011110011
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 572
- Average number of words per stanza: 115
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word that is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Presence;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.