This is an analysis of the poem Memory that begins with:
Soon the waves so lightly bounding
All forget the tempest blast;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab XbXb cdcd efef
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10111010 1010101 10111010 1010111 10101010 1010111 11111010 1010101 10111110 10010111 11101010 1110101 11101110 1110001 10111110 1010111
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 138
- Average number of words per stanza: 25
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Memory;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Jones Very
- Analysis of Lines To A Withered Leaf Seen On A Poet's Table
- Analysis of Worship
- Analysis of Thy Beauty Fades