This is an analysis of the poem Peace And Dunkirk that begins with:
Spite of Dutch friends and English foes,
Poor Britain shall have peace at last:... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababccdeeX eeeedddddX dXdabbdeXX fbfbaadggX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,10,10,10,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10111101 11011111 10111111 11011101 1110001 1011111 1010111001 1110101 0110101 1011010110 10011001 11010101 10110111 11010101 1100101 1111101 1011110101 1010101 1110101 1011010110 11011101 11011100 11001101 01011111 1011111 1111111 0101111101 1111111 10101100 1011010110 01111010 11010101 11110111 01010111 1010101 1010101 0110111101 1111011 00101001 1011010110
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 360
- Average number of words per stanza: 69
- Amount of lines: 41
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Peace And Dunkirk;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Jonathan Swift
- Analysis of Robin And Harry
- Analysis of Fontinella To Florinda
- Analysis of Riddles By Dr. Swift And His Friends