This is an analysis of the poem An Excellent New Song Being The Intended Speech Of A Famous Orator Against Peace that begins with:
An orator dismal of Nottinghamshire,
Who has forty years let out his conscience to hire,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XabbccddXX d eeffbghXiiggggffgghhbgffaahXhhaXffhhggiibXff
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,1,44,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11001001000 1110011010010 101101011001 011111001011 11101111010110 111010110010 1110111001 101011011101 111101010110 1100001101010 01 01101011011 01111001011 11101001011 1100110101 011110111010 0010110110010 11001111101 0111111011011 111101011001 11011101101 110111111110 1111010001010 110010001010 111010010010 11001001001 10111110101 1111100111 001101011011 101101011001 11101011101 111010111010 110110010010 110011011101 11011110101 110011010100 100101110110 111001111001 111001001101 11111011011 10011011001 1010010110010 11111101100 11111111001 01111011101 111101011101 11101101101 1011110110110 111110010110 11111011101 11010111001 101011101011 101001110110 1101111011 1001110101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 867
- Average number of words per stanza: 169
- Amount of lines: 57
- Average number of symbols per line: 45 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, he, and, my, i, in, her, have are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines ' is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of An Excellent New Song Being The Intended Speech Of A Famous Orator Against Peace;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.