This is an analysis of the poem Advice To The Grub Street Verse-Writers that begins with:
Ye poets ragged and forlorn,
Down from your garrets haste;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcdefef gbgbXfafa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 12,9,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11010101 101101 11011111 110101 11010111 110101 11110101 110111 11110101 110101 11110101 010101 11010101 111101 11001101 111101 11110101 110111 10011101 111111
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 232
- Average number of words per stanza: 39
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Advice To The Grub Street Verse-Writers;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.