This is an analysis of the poem So Light Is Love that begins with:
So light is love, in matchless beauty shining,
When she revisits Cypris' hallow'd bowers,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11010101010 11010101010 11011001010 110100101010 100111010 1101111111110
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 273
- Average number of words per stanza: 47
- Amount of lines: 6
- Average number of symbols per line: 45 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of So Light Is Love;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by John Wilbye
- Analysis of Oft Have I Vow'D
- Analysis of Softly, O! Dropp Mine Eyes
- Analysis of Stay, Corydon, Thou Swain