This is an analysis of the poem The Prayse Of The Needle that begins with:
To all dispersed sorts of arts and trades
I write the needles prayse (that never fades).... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaXXXXXXbb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 010110111 1101011101 1111010111 1111010111 1111111111 1101010111 11111000101 0111011111 1101010111 1111010111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 463
- Average number of words per stanza: 86
- Amount of lines: 10
- Average number of symbols per line: 45 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Prayse Of The Needle;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by John Taylor
- Analysis of From 'The Severall Seiges, Assaults, Sackings, And Finall Destruction Of The Famous, Ancient, And Memoriable Citty Of Jerusalem.'
- Analysis of In Praise Of The Hemp-Seed
- Analysis of The Olde, Olde, Very Olde Man; Or The Age And Long Life Of Thomas Parr