This is an analysis of the poem May that begins with:
Shyly the silver-hatted mushrooms make
Soft entrance through, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cdcd efef cgcg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1001010101 1101 1101010101 110001 1001011001 0111 1101010011 110001 1011110111 1001 1001110011 010111 1111010111 1101 1000110011 110001
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 133
- Average number of words per stanza: 23
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of May;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by John Shaw Neilson
- Analysis of The Break Of Day
- Analysis of Native Companions Dancing
- Analysis of A Protest And A Protest