This is an analysis of the poem When I Am Dead that begins with:
When I am dead
Bring me no roses white. ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AbccaXbXbA
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111 111101 11010 10100 10010101 1011 110111 11010 11111 1111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 219
- Average number of words per stanza: 42
- Amount of lines: 10
- Average number of symbols per line: 21 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; roses is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of When I Am Dead;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.