This is an analysis of the poem Upon The Pad To Carey that begins with:
They coiled the drams and filled the bags.
And whistled loud and gaily,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcbdbdb deXecXXb afafebeb agagebeb cbcXhbhb ciXijbjb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 110111101 1101110 11011111 10001010 01010101 1101110 11010101 11001010 101110111 1101110 11010100 1101010 11010111 0111110 11111100 1001110 11011101 1100110 11010111 1101010 01110111 1111110 11011101 1101010 11011101 1101110 11010111 1101010 11100101 1101110 110111001 0101010 11110001 0101110 01011111 1111110 11010111 0100010 011000101 0101010 11111111 0101010 11010101 0111010 01010111 1101110 11011101 1101010
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 257
- Average number of words per stanza: 48
- Amount of lines: 48
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, their, of are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word that is repeated.
The poet repeated the same word carey at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Upon The Pad To Carey;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.