This is an analysis of the poem Zaccheus that begins with:
Zaccheus climbed the tree,
And thought himself unknown;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcc ddddbb efefgg Xaaacc dhdheeXbebeee
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,13,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10101 110101 110111 110111 01101101 11010101 101111 010001 111101 111111 01010101 11011111 110101 110101 010111 011101 01010100 11010111 110100 110001 100101 111111 11010101 01010101 010101 110101 110101 010101 110000101 01011111 110101 110101 110101 110101 1110101 11010001
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 175
- Average number of words per stanza: 33
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; them is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Zaccheus;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by John Newton
- Analysis of Paul's Voyage
- Analysis of We Were Pharaoh's Bondmen
- Analysis of Is This Thy Kindness To Thy Friend (Christ A Redeemer And Friend)