This is an analysis of the poem Weeping Mary that begins with:
Mary to her Saviour's tomb
Hasted at the early dawn;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcd eXecfafa cgcghihi Xfeffifi
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1000101 1010101 1111101 1010111 1011101 1010101 1010101 1010101 1010111 11101000 1010101 1100111 1111111 1110101 1010101 1111101 1110101 1110101 1011111 1110101 1010111 1010001 1111101 1011101 1110100 1110111 0110101 1111101 1011101 1011101 1010111 1010101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 252
- Average number of words per stanza: 46
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; her is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words he, on are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Weeping Mary;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.