This is an analysis of the poem Time How Swift that begins with:
While with ceaseless course the sun
Hasted through the former year,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcd efefegeg hdhdfhfh
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1010101 1010101 1011111 1010111 1010101 1110101 1010101 1110111 101101 1000101 1010001 1111101 1011101 1111101 1011101 1010101 1110101 1001101 1111101 0010001 1110111 1100101 1111101 1110101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 243
- Average number of words per stanza: 45
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Time How Swift;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.