This is an analysis of the poem The Good Physician that begins with:
How lost was my condition
Till Jesus made me whole!... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcd eaeafgfg hahacici ajajkgkg jljladad
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111010 110111 1011010 110111 1101111 111001 0101011 010101 0101010 010101 11001010 110101 1101110 110101 1110010 010111 0111010 110101 1011010 110011 11110101 111111 11001011 111101 1101010 110001 0101010 110111 1111011 111111 1111101 111111 0101010 110101 1101011 110101 1100010 011101 1111010 110111
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 222
- Average number of words per stanza: 42
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, me, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words and, some are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Good Physician;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.