This is an analysis of the poem Quiet, Lord, My Froward Heart that begins with:
Quiet, Lord, my froward heart,
Make me teachable and mild;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcc bdbdee fgfgbb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1011101 1110011 0110101 111011 0011101 1011101 1110101 1110101 1010101 1001101 1011111 1110101 1010101 1010101 1110111 1010101 1110101 1110111
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 178
- Average number of words per stanza: 34
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Quiet, Lord, My Froward Heart;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by John Newton
- Analysis of Plenty In A Time Of Dearth
- Analysis of None Upon Earth I Desire Besides Thee
- Analysis of The Ruler's Daughter Raised