This is an analysis of the poem Martha And Mary that begins with:
Martha her love and joy expressed
By care to entertain her guest;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabb ccbb aadd eeff aaaa ggff XXff
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10011101 11010101 11010101 11110101 01000101 010101001 01010111 01010001 11010101 01010101 11010101 11011101 01100101 11010101 11010111 11111101 11111101 01010101 11010111 01110001 11101101 11111101 01000101 11000111 110010101 110111010 10110101 00110101
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 135
- Average number of words per stanza: 25
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, her are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Martha And Mary;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by John Newton
- Analysis of The Joy Of The Lord Is Your Strength
- Analysis of Bartimaeus
- Analysis of The Lord Will Provide