This is an analysis of the poem Joy And Peace In Believing that begins with:
Sometimes a light surprises
The Christian while he sings; ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaaabcbc cdcdefef bdbdagag hihibjbj
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0101010 010111 0001110 010001 1101010 110101 0100110 010101 0101010 110101 0101010 110101 1100110 110011 101101010 100101 0110010 110111 1101010 010101 0101010 110101 1111010 010101 1111110 110111 1101110 111101 1101010 011111 1101010 110101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 230
- Average number of words per stanza: 41
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; nor is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Joy And Peace In Believing;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.