This is an analysis of the poem Gideon's Fleece that begins with:
The signs which God to Gideon gave,
His holy Sovereignty made known;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cccc dcdc cece caca fefe cgcg haha
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 011101001 01010011 11011101 11010101 01110111 11011101 10010001 11010101 010101001 01011101 01011101 11110001 11011101 01010101 11010101 01011101 01111001 01010101 11100101 11110101 11010101 01011101 010101001 01110011 11110111 11010111 01110111 11110111 11011111 010011101 11110111 11111111
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 140
- Average number of words per stanza: 26
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; his, all are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words of, but are repeated.
The author used the same words the, but at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Gideon's Fleece;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.