This is an analysis of the poem White Water that begins with:
for Line McKie
The light, tarred skin...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X abcXd baedXc cbXXe cebX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,5,6,5,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1101 0111 00101 101010 11010 0111 010101 01001001 01110 1110100 010101 001011 10111 100101 1010011 10010 10010 1001 110 110010 01011
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 94
- Average number of words per stanza: 17
- Amount of lines: 21
- Average number of symbols per line: 22 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of White Water;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.