This is an analysis of the poem Sonnet 01 that begins with:
O Nightingale, that on yon bloomy Spray... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: a abbaabbacXcaca
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: rondeau
- Metre: 1 1100111101 111110111 1011010111 101010110101 1101110101 1101010101 01010110100 111100100111 1101101101 01110010111 1101011111 1101111101 1001111101 1011101111
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 325
- Average number of words per stanza: 61
- Amount of lines: 15
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Sonnet 01;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.