This is an analysis of the poem The Green Eye Of The Little Yellow God that begins with:
There's a one-eyed yellow idol to the north of Khatmandu,
There's a little marble cross below the town;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XABA Xcdc Xcac befe dgcg aeXe feXe fhah hiXi febX XABA
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 101110100010100 10101010101 101010101010110 10101010101 1111101001011100 11101110101 11101011110001 10101011111 11101010010001 0111111101 11101011010110 0101011001 11011011110110 1111110101 11001111110111 10110010101 10101011101001 111011111101 11111011110101 11100010101 10101010011101 10101010101 11111011111101 10101010101 11111101110101 1101110001 1101010101001100 11101011001 10101100011101 1101010111 111010111101101 001011100101 10111011111101 1101110001 11101011110101 00111010101 01110101011101 0111110111 11011100010110 1010000101010 101110100010100 10101010101 101010101010110 10101010101
- Amount of stanzas: 11
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 213
- Average number of words per stanza: 40
- Amount of lines: 44
- Average number of symbols per line: 53 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 10
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; there's, he, and, his, she are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words there's, he are repeated.
The author used the same word he at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Green Eye Of The Little Yellow God;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.