This is an analysis of the poem Oh, For A Bowl Of Fat Canary that begins with:
Oh, for a bowl of fat Canary,
Rich Palermo, sparkling Sherry, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaaa bbbb XaXa ccdd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110101010 101010010 110101010 11111110 110111010 1010101 101100010 11001101 110111010 11111110 10101010 11111110 1011110 1110101 11011101 11110101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 138
- Average number of words per stanza: 25
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; in is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words oh, none are repeated.
The author used the same word oh at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Oh, For A Bowl Of Fat Canary;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.