This is an analysis of the poem Heredity that begins with:
More than a fleshly immortality
Is mine. Though I myself return again ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xaabbaab bcbcbc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,6,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1101010100 1111110101 1111000111 0111011100 1101011101 1101011101 1111011101 1101110101 1101001101 1101110101 11001110101 11010100111 1100010101 1101100101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 363
- Average number of words per stanza: 52
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 51 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Heredity;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.