This is an analysis of the poem To The Lamented Memory Of F. H. C. that begins with:
Sweet friend, farewell! to whom propitious birth
Gave beauty—sense—the prosperous goods of earth;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbccccbb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 1111010101 11010100101 01110111010 11011111110 1111111101 1101111101 1111110101 1111111101 1111010101 1010111111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 480
- Average number of words per stanza: 84
- Amount of lines: 10
- Average number of symbols per line: 47 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of To The Lamented Memory Of F. H. C.;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.