This is an analysis of the poem To A Female Friend, that begins with:
RETURNING TO AMERICA.
... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X ababccdedeaa efefggXhXhiijjjj kkjhjhXh
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,12,16,8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01000100 10110111 010101 11011101 110111 10110111 11111001 10110111 011111 110010101 1001001 01111101 01011101 01111101 110101 01011101 010101 110010101 11111111 11011111 1100111 11100101 111111 0110011010 11011111 11111101 111101 0100101101 010101 11110111 010010101 10110001 110101 10011101 011101 11010110 11011111
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 299
- Average number of words per stanza: 54
- Amount of lines: 38
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; we is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of To A Female Friend,;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by John Kenyon
- Analysis of The Streams
- Analysis of Rhymed Plea For Tolerance - Dialogue Ii.
- Analysis of The Gods Of Greece