This is an analysis of the poem Suggested By The Death Of Charles Skinner Matthews that begins with:
Joyously launched on life's untravelled streams,
Youth fears nor open sea nor treacherous bay;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbaabbacdcede
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 10011110001 11110111001 11001101001 1111010101 1101111101 1111111101 0101110101 1111011101 1111110101 11001010111 1101001101 01010101001 11010010111 1100010101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 649
- Average number of words per stanza: 108
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 45 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Suggested By The Death Of Charles Skinner Matthews;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.