This is an analysis of the poem Experimentum Crucis that begins with:
With different colour glows each ray
That joins to feed the solar day.... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbcc dbeebb bbffdXddggXbccXX bbbb XhhXb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,16,4,5,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 010010111 11010101 110100111 11010001 11011101 110011111 11110101 11010101 11100001 11011111 11010010100 1001011100 11110101 01011101 1111010100 1101111100 101101010 111000010 01011101 00010101 010101001 11010111 01110110 01011101 110010111 11010101 11110100 110100010 01011101 11110101 111101010 010101010 10 1010111 110100111 110101100 111101010
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 260
- Average number of words per stanza: 46
- Amount of lines: 37
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; from is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Experimentum Crucis;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.