This is an analysis of the poem Champagne Rose - I that begins with:
Lily on liquid roses floating—
So floats yon foam o'er pink champagne—... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababbcdcdb bebebfcfcb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,10,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101101010 111110101 111111010 111101 110111 111100101 11100101 11001111 111111 111111 11001101 1101010010 11011101 1111110 100111 110111110 11010101 11110010010 110101 110101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 326
- Average number of words per stanza: 61
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Champagne Rose - I;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.