This is an analysis of the poem A Fragment that begins with:
... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X aabbccddeeaaffgghh
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,18,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 0 110111101 1101011101 11111111010 11010100010 0111010111 1111011101 11100110110 1011011111 11001111101 1111101111 11010101111 11111011011 11111101001 0110110111 1101011101 0011010101 10111101101 1111110101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 403
- Average number of words per stanza: 76
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 39 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Fragment;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.