This is an analysis of the poem Eight Sunday After Trinity that begins with:
Prophet of God, arise and take
With thee the words of wrath divine,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cdcd Xefe ghgh hfhf bebe ifif aiai bibi gbgb ecec gjgj
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 10010111 01010101 0101001 1010101 11010101 110001101 100111 0101010 10110101 10010001 110101 1111001 11111101 111100101 110101 110101 11110101 11010111 010111 010101 110001010 10111111 1111110 011111 11010101 10011001 110111 010101 01010101 01010101 1001001 110101 110100101 110111000 111101 111101 110101101 00100101 100101 110111 01110111 01010101 110101 111011 01111111 010101001 110111 001101
- Amount of stanzas: 12
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 130
- Average number of words per stanza: 23
- Amount of lines: 48
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words the, o are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Eight Sunday After Trinity;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.