This is an analysis of the poem On The Sea that begins with:
It keeps eternal whisperings around
Desolate shores, and with its mighty swell... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbaabbaaXaXaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 0101010001 1001100101 1111010101 01010111001 1010110101 1100010101 0111010111 1101010001 11111111110 10010100001 11111100111 1111010100 1111110111 01111001110
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 615
- Average number of words per stanza: 110
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of On The Sea;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by John Keats
- Analysis of To Hope
- Analysis of A Dream, After Reading Dante's Episode Of Paolo And Francesca
- Analysis of A Draught Of Sunshine