This is an analysis of the poem The Moon Shone Calmly Bright that begins with:
The moon shone calmly bright
Upon the slumb'ring scene,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcd eXedfXfD afaXbdbDXbbbbeded
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,17,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 011101 010101 11011111 011101 011101 111010 11011111 1100101 111111 010101 11010111 110111 1010101 110101 1010100101 1011101 110101 110101 1111100101 1011001110 110111 011100 1010101001 1011101 111101 111101 11010101 1010101 011111 111101 00100101 1100101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 255
- Average number of words per stanza: 48
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet repeated the same word sea at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Moon Shone Calmly Bright;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.