This is an analysis of the poem The Friend Of Humanity, And The Knife-Grinder that begins with:
FRIEND OF HUMANITY.
"Needy Knife-grinder! whether are you going?... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: A XbXX cXde cefa gXhi jcgX b XXbh ekfi jXhX A ikdX Xa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,4,4,4,4,4,1,4,4,4,1,4,2,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 100100 100110101110 10011101010 11011111011 11110 100110101011 10110101011 111111011101 10011 101110111011 01111000011 10011100010 10010 100011100011 100101010100 11010111110 10011 101110101111 10010101111 10011111111 100100 110 1100111111011 10110101010 01111101110 10010 100011101100 10011101010 10100110010 11010 101010111010 01010101110 11111101010 010110 100100 101110101111 11110111010 10010100010 100100 101101010111000010010001010110100100
- Amount of stanzas: 13
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 129
- Average number of words per stanza: 23
- Amount of lines: 50
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; me is repeated.
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The word/phrase justice connects the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Friend Of Humanity, And The Knife-Grinder;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.