This is an analysis of the poem A Meditation that begins with:
God has created me to do Him some definite service. He has committed some work
to me which He has not committed to another I am a link in a chain,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1101010111100101101011 01111101000101101001010010 01101110101111110 11101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 256
- Average number of words per stanza: 53
- Amount of lines: 4
- Average number of symbols per line: 63 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 13
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; has, i, he, to, me are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Meditation;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.