This is an analysis of the poem To William Lloyd Garrison that begins with:
CHAMPION of those who groan beneath
Oppression's iron hand:... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcacadbdbefefgdgdfhfhfifibjbjbkbkalaleieidbdb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 48,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 100011101 100101 010100111 111101 11011101 0011101 01110101 110011 11111101 100101 11110111 010101 100100101 1111010 01010111 0101010 11100101 111101 01110101 010101 11110101 110111 11010101 110101 11111111 010101 11110101 010101 111100101 1100101 01010101 110101 11111111 110101 11010111 110101 110100101 010111 01011011 110101 11010111 011101 01110101 0100100 11000101 111101 11011111 110101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1478
- Average number of words per stanza: 274
- Amount of lines: 48
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of To William Lloyd Garrison;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by John Greenleaf Whittier
- Analysis of The Poor Voter On Election Day
- Analysis of Toussaint L’ouverture
- Analysis of The Witch's Daughter