This is an analysis of the poem The Wishing Bridge that begins with:
AMONG the legends sung or said
Along our rocky shore,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cdcd aaaa dede fgfg XcXc fcfX fefe hbhb iaia jeje didX XeXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 01010111 011101 01010101 110111 11000111 011101 01010101 111101 01110101 010111 11110111 101111 11011101 110101 11100111 110111 11010111 100111 11010100 1100101 0100100111 110110 11111111 111101 11010110 110111 11110100 1101100 01011111 011101 101110100 111101 11110101 010111 11010111 100111 11001101 010111 10010100 110111 11111101 110101 01011111 110111 11111111 110100 01010110 1001010 11010101 010111 11010011 100111
- Amount of stanzas: 13
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 121
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 52
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words for, and are repeated.
The author used the same word 'i at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines ' is repeated).
The poet repeated the same word ' at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Wishing Bridge;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.