This is an analysis of the poem The Hunters Of Men that begins with:
HAVE ye heard of our hunting, o'er mountain and glen,
Through cane-brake and forest, — the hunting of men?... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aAaabbccaAddddeeddaafXaaaaffaagghheeggaaffaaffhhaa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 50,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1110110101011 11111001001 01011001011 101101001001 101101001001 101001111001 11111011011 11011111001 110110101011 11111001001 11011011011 001011101011 01001011101 11001011001 01101001011 01101011001 11011011011 100001001001 01001001101 11011001001 11011011001 001001101001 110011001001 11001011001 11001001111 001001101001 11001011111 011001011011 011101011101 11011001001 11111011011 101001011001 01011001011 101111011011 11111001011 11011011001 11111001001 1010111001011 11101011001 011011001001 11111010101 111111011001 01011111001 1101111001 01011011001 101001101001 11111011101 101001101001 11111111011 11011001001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 2512
- Average number of words per stanza: 478
- Amount of lines: 50
- Average number of symbols per line: 49 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 10
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, hunting, and, their, her, his are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words the, will are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Hunters Of Men;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.