This is an analysis of the poem The Haschish that begins with:
Of all that Orient lands can vaunt
Of marvels with our own competing,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XabaccdceXefgXgdhchcbbbbXbdbcfcfcicichchXXaXbfbf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 48,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 011101111 010011010 01000101 110101010 11000101 010101010 01010101 110101010 01010001 010110010 01011101 0110010100 01010101 110110000 01010101 011101110 01010101 110011010 11010101 110001010 01010101 010101110 01010101 1101100010 111101100 111101010 01000111 111101110 01011101 010001010 010101010 1100101110 01010111 0101001010 10111111 010101010 010010101 0101001010 01010111 110101010 0110011100 010101010 01111101 110101010 11011101 110111010 01010001 0100011010
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1693
- Average number of words per stanza: 292
- Amount of lines: 48
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, his are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words of, the are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Haschish;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.