This is an analysis of the poem The Fruit-Gift that begins with:
Last night, just as the tints of autumn's sky
Of sunset faded from our hills and streams,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abba ccdbdeeeaa fddafXccgcgcccc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,10,15,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1111010101 0111001111 11110010111 0011010101 1111010101 1101010101 11010101010 11011000101 010011100010 1100011101 1001011011 0100010101 1101010101 1011010101 1111101101 0101100101 10001110101 0011010101 1001011100 0101110100 0111110101 0101111101 1011100111 1011010001 0101010011 01010101101 11011101001 0100010101 111111010101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 431
- Average number of words per stanza: 75
- Amount of lines: 29
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Fruit-Gift;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.