This is an analysis of the poem The Battle Autumn Of 1862 that begins with:
The flags of war like storm birds fly,
The charging trumpets blow; ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cdcd eeee ffff egeg hfhf ijij bfbf efef eeeeXifif
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01011111 010101 11110001 111101 11110101 0101001 110011101 010101 111101010 110101 111101110 110101 11010001 010111 01110101 110101 11110101 110111 11011100 110101 11011101 011101 110101011 011101 10010111 011101 11011111 1100101 11011101 0101111 11010111 110101 11010111 0001001 011101010 110101 11010111 010001 11011101 110100 11010101 010101 11110101 111100
- Amount of stanzas: 11
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 129
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 44
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, of, with are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words the, she are repeated.
The author used the same words and, she, oh at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Battle Autumn Of 1862;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.