This is an analysis of the poem The Angel Of Patience that begins with:
A FREE PARAPHRASE OF THE GERMAN.
To weary hearts, to mourning homes,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: a bbaacc ddcccc eeccff gghhfX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 011010010 01010101 11010101 110110101 11111101 110100111 110010111 11001101 111001100 11110101 11010101 11111111 11011001 10010101 110010101 01010111 11011111 01010101 11111100 11110111 01010101 11011101 11010101 11110111 011100111
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 177
- Average number of words per stanza: 33
- Amount of lines: 25
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Angel Of Patience;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.