This is an analysis of the poem Revelation that begins with:
Still, as of old, in Beavor's Vale,
O man of God! our hope and faith... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababb cdcdd efeff ghghh ififf gjgjj djdjX jcjcc afaff dkdkkXjdjdd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,11,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 11010101 11011111 01001101 10110101 11010101 11011111 11010101 01100101 01101001 11101101 11010111 010010011 10110111 10010001 11010101 01001101 10110111 01010011 01010101 01010101 11111101 11001111 01010111 01010001 01011101 11011101 111101001 110100101 10011101 01010101 10111111 11111111 01010101 01000100 01100110 11011101 11011111 11110101 111101001 11110110 11001111 11110011 11010101 01110101 01010111 11101110 11110000 01111110 01011101 11110101 11110101 01011101 01111111 01000101 11010111
- Amount of stanzas: 11
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 172
- Average number of words per stanza: 33
- Amount of lines: 55
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, i, through are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words the, i, of are repeated.
The author used the same word i at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Revelation;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.