This is an analysis of the poem Our Autocrat that begins with:
His laurels fresh from song and lay,
Romance, art, science, rich in all,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cdcd eded bebe fgfg ahah gcgc eheh gbgbXhfhf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 01010111 01110101 11011111 1101000100 11010111 01010101 01010111 01100111 01010100 01110101 11011100 01010100 10010101 11110101 01110101 11010100 010010101 01010101 01000101 110100001 11110111 01110101 01110111 01010101 01010101 01111101 01011101 11010101 11110111 01011101 11010100 010010101 111000101 01011110 01011101 01111111 01110101 010101010 01011111 11010101
- Amount of stanzas: 10
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 137
- Average number of words per stanza: 25
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Our Autocrat;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.