This is an analysis of the poem My Trust that begins with:
A picture memory brings to me
I look across the years and see... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaa bbb bbb ccX aaa ddd efe bbb ddd Xff dddXbbb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,7,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 010100101 11010011 11011101 11010101 11011101 01110111 11010111 11011101 110100111 11101101 01110101 01011110 11000101 11110101 10010101 11110101 11011101 11110101 01110101 01101101 11110101 11011101 11010101 010100100 10110101 11001101 10110111 11001110 01010111 11010100 11100111 11110101 011001001 110011111 01111101 11010101
- Amount of stanzas: 12
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 102
- Average number of words per stanza: 19
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; his is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words my, the are repeated.
The author used the same word i at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of My Trust;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.