This is an analysis of the poem Kossuth that begins with:
Type of two mighty continents!--combining
The strength of Europe with the warmth and glow... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababccddefefggahheeiiaiijijii
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 29,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 10110100010 0101000111 01011100010 01011010101 1101111001 1001111101 01001011111 1011010001 1001000101 1011010111 100100100101 1101010001 1101011111 01001001100 11110101010 01010100101 0101001101 11110010101 0101010001 1101010101 011000101 01011001110 0111010101 1101011111 01010101001 100100100101 0101010100 1101000101 0111110011001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1275
- Average number of words per stanza: 229
- Amount of lines: 29
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, who are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word of is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Kossuth;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.