This is an analysis of the poem Hymns Of The Brahmo Somaj that begins with:
The mercy, O Eternal One!... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcbccaca XababcXcdefef XedfdbcacghXhXfgfeefe
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 9,13,21,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1 01010101 1110001 01110111 110001 11011101 011101 11111111 110101 1 11111111 0100110 11010101 11101010 11010111 111110 01000101 110011 110010100 111101 10110111 010001 1 110100111 111101 1010101001 1101001 110101101 10100101 1111001001 1010111 101000101 111101 1010101101 1011111 111010111 1101111 010101101 10101001 1101101001 111101 111110101 00100101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 434
- Average number of words per stanza: 86
- Amount of lines: 43
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; my, we, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words i, we, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Hymns Of The Brahmo Somaj;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.