This is an analysis of the poem Eva that begins with:
Dry the tears for holy Eva,
With the blessed angels leave her;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcc abdd abee abff abXX abXXXabcc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10111010 0011010 0011111 1010101 10101010 10101110 10010001 1011101 00101010 10101010 001011 1011101 10111010 10101010 1111101 1010101 11111010 11111110 1111100 10111000 10101010 11001010 10010101 1010101 11111110 10101010 1010001 10001001
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 122
- Average number of words per stanza: 23
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; all, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Eva;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.