This is an analysis of the poem Holy Sonnet Xv: Wilt Thou Love God that begins with:
Wilt thou love God, as he thee? then digest,
My Soule, this wholsome meditation, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbaaXbaXXbXcc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1111111101 110101010 11010110101 01011010011 01010010111 1101011110 110111010 100010110101 1101111111 01111111010 0101011111 111111101010 1111111101 1111011111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 651
- Average number of words per stanza: 119
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 46 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Holy Sonnet Xv: Wilt Thou Love God;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.