This is an analysis of the poem Battle that begins with:
The war of words is done;
The red-lipped cannon speak;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Aba abA aba abA aXa XbAa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,3,3,3,3,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 010101 011101 010110 011101 11111 010101 11001 110101 010110 101101 100101 010101 1011101 0111010 101001 10001010 1011101 010101 010110
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 86
- Average number of words per stanza: 16
- Amount of lines: 19
- Average number of symbols per line: 26 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Battle;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.